Monday, February 4, 2013

Heading In

Hey all,

Just wanted to briefly check in before I embark on my ten day trek to Annapurna Base Camp tomorrow. I made the decision about a week ago to leave my volunteering early to be able to get a long trek in to the base camp of the worlds 10th tallest peak! It was a hard decision, but I think it was the right one for me.

This afternoon, I finished up all of my volunteering duties here in Nepal. Wow, that sounds pretty wild. Time has really flown here. In my time here I feel have a made a difference in these kids lives! But its crazy how much they have done for me. I am forever in debt to them and will cherish all the memories we have collected together for the rest of my life. A warm shout out goes to the didis at Garden daycare center, without you to guide me I would have been even more lost. It is sad for this chapter in my travels to end but I will always look back on it very fondly.

Tomorrow at 10am, I am hitting the trail! Pretty pumped for my ten day trek you could say... I will fill you in more upon my return. As always, check my flickr for the most up to date pictures! Hope this post finds everyone in good health and spirits.

Sending out positive energy from Nepal,
Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment